I have an equation for you:
Or, I am moving back to Texas. In two weeks. "The Supremacy of Texas" is a topic of conversation that I am quite good at, a subject on which I could write a book, and something that Texans understand, and other people do not fully grasp. (This is good, because otherwise they would be Texan, too, and we'd run out of room).
Austin, Texas, is where I'll call home (again), and to say I'm thrilled is the understatement of the year.
I've thoroughly enjoyed the adventures had here. Here are a few I've chronicled on ze blog - in no particular order:
- Cherry Blossom Festival
- friends visiting (Kayla, Merinda, Amy and Sheridan!)
- trips to Annapolis and Philadelphia and New York City and Baltimore and Charlottesville and Richmond and Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania and Winston-Salem, NC
- countless winery tours in Virginia
- Being Patriotic - 4th of July 2010
- 2009 and 2010 DC Aggie BBQs
- Screen on the Green in DC and VA
- Memorial Day 2009
- Memorial Day 2010
- Muster Committee 2010
- Easter Sunrise Service at Arlington Cemetery
- Marine Corps Band Parades at the Iwo Jima Memorial
- visiting the Franciscan Monastery
- countless museums (I'm too lazy to link. Go see them all.)
- Mount Vernon
- Camping in the Shenandoahs
- Smithsonian Folklife Festival - 2009
- Countless trips to Eastern Market
- Hiking at Great Falls, Maryland
- Chronicling the 9/12/09 March on Washington
- becoming obsessed with and later meeting the Pioneer Woman(my hero)
- Honor Flight arrivals
- DC Aggie events: Astros vs. Nats game, Howdy Hours, Game Watching Parties, Tubing Trip, Muster & BBQ, Intern meet-n-greets.....
- Embassy tours in 2009 (Nepal, Iraq, Uzbekistan, Trinidad and Tobago, Colombia, and Indonesia) and 2010 (Portugal)
- Not seeing Obama (except while he was in a limo or a helicopter)
- Cycling along the Mount Vernon Trail and again with photos
- Surviving the Snowpocalypse..and there were two.
- Loitering around in beautiful DC
- Veteran's Day 2009
- Handel's Messiah at the National Cathedral in 2009 and 2010
- Cheering people on at the 2009 Marine Corps Marathon
- Roadtrip with Mom from TX to VA
Wow. And that's just what I can think of off the top of my head. It's been a very full two years. Great adventure indeed. I'll be here 2 more weeks and am packing in a couple more adventures before I say adios!!